1. Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC): $13.09
Director Michael Brown acquired 40,000 shares of this security and storage solutions provider, paying $13 per share for a total amount of $520,000.
|P/E: 13.29||Forward P/E: 8.61||Industry P/E: 29.91|
|P/S: 1.74||Price/Book: 2.29||EV/EBITDA: 5.32|
|Market Cap: $10.42B||Avg. Daily Volume: 15,680,700||52 Week Range: $12.82 – $19.16|
2. CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA): $19.79
Director Arthur Weinbach acquired 20,000 shares of this IT services company, paying $19.78 per share for a total amount of $395,564. CA was also mentioned in the Insider Weekends – July 30 post when another director acquired 25,000 shares.
|P/E: 13||Forward P/E: 9.85||Industry P/E: 24.04|
|P/S: 2.34||Price/Book: 2||EV/EBITDA: 5.73|
|Market Cap: $10.21B||Avg. Daily Volume: 5,907,050||52 Week Range: $17.8 – $24.15|
3. Corning Inc. (NYSE: GLW): $19.22
Director John Canning Jr. acquired 20,000 shares of this manufacturer of specialty glass and ceramics products, paying $19.16 per share for a total amount of $383,190.
|P/E: 9.74||Forward P/E: 9.29||Industry P/E: 18.12|
|P/S: 4.79||Price/Book: 1.76||EV/EBITDA: 12.84|
|Market Cap: $30.01B||Avg. Daily Volume: 18,096,400||52 Week Range: $14.14 – $21.1|
4. White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE: WTM): $320
Director Yves Brouillette acquired 1,000 shares of this insurance company, paying $318.73 per share for a total amount of $318,729.
|P/E: 7.08||Forward P/E: 17.32||Industry P/E: 8.19|
|P/S: 0.64||Price/Book: 0.78||EV/EBITDA: N/A|
|Market Cap: $2.79B||Avg. Daily Volume: 27,557||52 Week Range: $276.27 – $363.37|
5. Whole Foods Market, Inc. (NASDAQ: WFMI): $36.36
Director William Tindell acquired 8,000 shares of this 0perator of natural and organic food supermarkets, paying $36.43 per share for a total amount of $291,432.
|P/E: 30.4||Forward P/E: 22.73||Industry P/E: 16.79|
|P/S: 0.73||Price/Book: 2.8||EV/EBITDA: 10.23|
|Market Cap: $6.23B||Avg. Daily Volume: 2,661,910||52 Week Range: $24.94 – $43.18|
Since all the purchases above were by directors of companies and not by members of their management team, I decided to highlight 5 additional companies today where members of the management team purchased stock.
Top Insider Management Purchases – August 5, 2010:
1. MDC Partners Inc. (NASDAQ: MDCA): $12.61
Shares of this marketing communications services provider were purchased by two insiders.
- Chairman, CEO & President Miles Nadal acquired 12,500 shares, paying $12.46 per share for a total amount of $155,800. Mr. Nadal was also mentioned in yesterday's post when he acquired 63,288 shares.
- Vice Chairman Stephen Pustil acquired 5,000 shares, paying $12.45 per share for a total amount of $62,250
|P/E: N/A||Forward P/E: N/A||Industry P/E: N/A|
|P/S: 0.62||Price/Book: 4.65||EV/EBITDA: N/A|
|Market Cap: $364.60M||Avg. Daily Volume: 85,797||52 Week Range: 5.99 - 13.19|
2. BioScrip Inc. (NASDAQ: BIOS): $4.24
Shares of this specialty pharmaceutical healthcare organization were acquired by two insiders
- Chief Financial Officer Stanley Rosenbaum acquired 20,000 shares, paying $4.24 per share for a total amount of $84,702
- Executive Vice President Barry Posnen acquired 10,000 shares, paying $4.19 per share for a total amount of $41,850
|P/E: 4.38||Forward P/E: 8.48||Industry P/E: 15.72|
|P/S: 0.16||Price/Book: 0.85||EV/EBITDA: 18.53|
|Market Cap: $226.29M||Avg. Daily Volume: 523,312||52 Week Range: $4.12 – $9.84|
3. MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. (NYSE: WFR): $9.53
Shares of this manufacturer of silicon wafers were purchased by two insiders following a steep decline in the stock price last week after the company reported disappointing results. A third insider (SVP Sales & Marketing) also acquired 3,200 shares on August 3rd.
- SVP & CFO Charles Timothy Oliver acquired 8,000 shares, paying $9.52 per share for a total amount of $76,160
- Principal Accounting Officer Denis McCarthy acquired 1,145 shares, paying $9.54 per share for a total amount of $10,923
|P/E: N/A||Forward P/E: 9.53||Industry P/E: 22.87|
|P/S: 1.39||Price/Book: 1.01||EV/EBITDA: 19.92|
|Market Cap: $2.16B||Avg. Daily Volume: 7,502,980||52 Week Range: $9.19 – $19.31|
4. MFA Financial, Inc. (NYSE: MFA): $7.25
Shares of this real estate investment trust were purchased by two insiders
- President & CFO William Gorin acquired 6,000 shares, paying $7.26 per share for a total amount of $43,560
- Senior VP & General Counsel Timothy Korth acquired 1,000 shares, paying $7.26 per share for a total amount of $7,260
|P/E: 6.54||Forward P/E: 7.32||Industry P/E: 14.93|
|P/S: 5.85||Price/Book: 0.91||EV/EBITDA: N/A|
|Market Cap: $2.03B||Avg. Daily Volume: 5,866,010||52 Week Range: $6.14 – $8.39|
5. CalAmp Corp. (NASDAQ: CAMP): $2.3901
Chief Executive Officer Richard Gold acquired 8,507 shares of this developer and marketer of wireless communications solutions, paying $2.34 per share for a total amount of $19,923
|P/E: N/A||Forward P/E: 5.83||Industry P/E: 18.12|
|P/S: 0.56||Price/Book: 3.75||EV/EBITDA: -12.27|
|Market Cap: $66.07M||Avg. Daily Volume: 114,740||52 Week Range: $1.6 – $3.77|
Voluntary Disclosure: I have a long position in MEMC Electronic Materials (WFR)