Wireless Power Consortium to host event at Venetian during CES, demo
of interoperability of new Qi-enabled products
Dec. 28, 2010 (Business Wire) -- The Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) will host a presentation and panel discussion on the future of wireless charging, giving media an opportunity to learn more about the industry, and get answers to hot-button questions:
- How can a universal standard fuel both collaboration and competition among consumer electronics companies? What are the benefits of interoperability across devices? How and when manufacturers integrate Qi into devices for true cord-free charging?
Tina Teng, Senior Analyst, Wireless Communications, for market research firm iSuppli, will answer these questions and more, with a presentation on opportunities for the wireless charging industry. According to Teng's research, wireless charging is poised for rapid growth in the coming years, but barriers to widespread adoption remain, and she will discuss the outlook of the industry and the potential for a universal standard. Teng will also moderate a panel of industry players who have committed to the Qi interoperable wireless charging standard through the development of new products poised for launch. The panel will include experts from Nokia, Energizer, Philips, Fulton Innovation, Texas Instruments, and additional members of The Wireless Power Consortium.
Members of the media will get a hands-on look at the latest Qi-enabled gadgets – some before they are even commercially available – as well as gain an insider's understanding of how the technology actually works.
The following companies will be featured, along with additional members who are in the process of Qi certification:
- Energizer Inductive Charger and accessories for the iPhone® 4, as well as the iPhone® 3GS/3G, and the Blackberry® Curve™ 8900, all designed by WPC cofounder, ConvenientPower Group
- Fulton Innovation Transmitter
- Leggett & Platt Helios Wireless Chargers, as well as a center console for theater seating and a Qi-enabled table
- Texas Instruments bqTESLA Evaluation Kit for the design and evaluation of wireless power solutions
Spokespeople from the WPC and its member companies will be available to discuss the WPC, the role that Qi will play in the success of their products and the wireless charging industry overall, as well as how consumers will benefit from Qi. They will also discuss WPC's roadmap on standardization in Medium- and High-Power wireless charging.
When & Where
| Friday, January 7, 2011 |
| Venetian Hotel, Delfino Suite |
| Two Sessions: || || 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM |
| -and- |
| 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM |
To RSVP, click here: http://bit.ly/dUugNz. For more information on the presentation or panel discussion or to schedule an interview, please contact Brian Gaffney before Dec. 31, 2010:
| Brian Gaffney |
| +1 314 727 5700 ext 106 |
The WPC will also participate in Digital Experience! on Jan. 5, 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM at Caesar's Palace hotel in Las Vegas. A number of Qi-certified products from WPC member companies will be on display, and demos will be provided for members of the media attending that event.
For Wireless Power Consortium
Brian Gaffney, +1-314-727-5700 ext 106