Feb. 15, 2011 (Business Wire) -- GlobalSCAPE, Inc. (NYSE Amex: GSB), a leading developer of secure information exchange solutions, announced today immediate availability of a new hosted managed file transfer (MFT) solution, GlobalSCAPE Hosted Enhanced File Transfer Server™. This new service expands the company's cloud-based Managed Solutions, launched in July 2010, by integrating a hosted version of its market-leading Enhanced File Transfer Server® (EFT Server) solution with proven infrastructure from Rackspace® Hosting (NYSE: RAX), the world's leading specialist in the hosting and cloud computing industry.
GlobalSCAPE's Hosted EFT Server enables organizations to securely exchange business-to-business data, including large files and sensitive data, through the cloud. This scalable and tiered service is ideal for the small-to-medium (SMB) market, and also allows customers of all sizes to outsource all or part of their complex and demanding secure information exchange needs. Through such outsourcing, customers can greatly reduce costs, increase efficiencies, track and audit transactions, and provide a greater level of security and compliance, at affordable price points.
The Hosted EFT Server offering delivers these benefits while allowing direct customer management of the EFT Server solution. GlobalSCAPE also offers a fully managed solution, Managed Information Xchange (MIX), for companies seeking complete support.
"Many organizations are embracing cloud computing to save money and to increase efficiency and business agility," said Mark Perry, vice president of managed solutions at GlobalSCAPE. "This new service will be very attractive to SMB customers who are looking for high-end managed file transfer capabilities delivered securely through a cloud-based infrastructure at an affordable price."
Key benefits and features of the new offering include:
- Market-leading features and security capabilities of GlobalSCAPE's EFT Server solution adopted by thousands of customers worldwide
- Robust MFT features including management, automation, and auditing of all file transfer activity for meeting security and compliance mandates
- "Pay as you go" flexible and affordable pricing that helps customers eliminate upfront capital expenditures
- Reduced ongoing maintenance expenses, including hardware, software, and utility services costs
- Deployed rapidly to meet time-sensitive business demands
- Reliable and timely support from GlobalSCAPE's support team
GlobalSCAPE is discussing Hosted EFT Server and the growth of cloud computing this week at the 2011 RSA Conference (Booth #2159) in San Francisco, February 14 - 18.