Apr. 12, 2011 (PR Newswire Asia) --
BEIJING, April 13, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- Linktone Ltd. (NASDAQ: LTON), a provider of media and entertainment content and services in key strategic markets in Asia, today announced that its Executive Chairman and Group Chief Executive Officer Hary Tanoesoedibjo provided the following statement regarding the company's recent achievements and business strategy:
To Our Shareholders, Partners and Friends:
Over the course of the last year, we have made a great deal of progress toward our strategic objectives. We have effectively transformed our company from a mobile value-added content and service provider in China, to a broad media and entertainment content and service provider in key geographies across Asia. We have expanded our customer base and broadened our geographic reach as well as diversified our product base, through which we can effectively distribute our growing portfolio of products to a vastly larger audience. I would like to take this opportunity to briefly review our accomplishments that have contributed to these achievements as well as discuss our future opportunities.
Geographic Expansion and Strategic Acquisitions
We have recently made several key additions to our businesses by acquiring majority and minority interests in companies that we believe support our growth strategy to strengthen our geographic footprint, expand our audience and broaden our portfolio. We now have core competencies and distribution capabilities throughout Indonesia, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore with a broader base of products:
-- LeTang Game, Limited: To accelerate our presence in the fast growing gaming market, in January 2010 we acquired a 50.01% controlling interest in LeTang, a private company specializing in the development of innovative and interactive content for mobile and online gamers in China.
-- InnoForm: Together with our major shareholder, PT Media Nusantara Citra Tbk Group ("MNC Group")(1), in March 2010 we and MNC Group acquired 50% and 25% of the share capital of InnoForm, respectively, gaining us substantial distribution access to industry leading entertainment and edutainment video, music and movie products for both the English and Chinese language markets throughout Singapore and the Asian region. In June 2010, we subscribed for additional new shares of InnoForm and as a result, Linktone and MNC Group hold 75% and 12.5% of the equity interest of InnoForm, respectively.
-- PT Linktone Indonesia - formerly PT Inti Idaman Nusantara ("IDN"): To expand our telecom value-added business beyond China, we acquired a 51% equity interest in IDN which offers telecom value-added services in Indonesia, Asia's third most populous market (the remaining 49% equity interest in IDN is held by MNC Group).
-- Aerospace Satellite Corporation Holding B.V.