VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Nov. 10, 2011) - Glacier Media Inc. (TSX:GVC) is pleased to announce that, through its affiliates, it has acquired a 50% interest in InfoMine Inc. (www.infomine.com), a leading online provider of rich information and intelligence to the global mining industry.
Founded in 1990 and headquartered in Vancouver, B.C., InfoMine employs a staff of 94 people across seven key mining nations -- Canada, USA, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, South Africa and Australia.
InfoMine delivers its online information and services through a number of divisions including:
- CareerMine — the largest online job board for the global mining industry with between 25,000 and 35,000 active job postings at any point in time.
- CostMine — a comprehensive source of mine cost estimating information.
- EduMine — an online "campus" with courses covering a broad array of topics and areas relevant to the mining industry.
- Companies and Properties Database — a subscription database with detailed information on thousands of mining companies and mineral properties.
- Others such as SupplyMine (an online directory of over 19,000 mining supply companies), Mining.com (a mining news site) and EquipmentMine (an online classifieds site for mining equipment and services).
The information delivered on InfoMine.com is provided through a number of "editions" and is available in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
InfoMine's experienced management team will continue to operate and grow the business. InfoMine's founder and CEO, Dr. Andy Robertson, was previously a founding partner of Steffen, Robertson and Kirsten (SRK), a leading, international mining consulting practice with over 1,000 professionals.
The investment in InfoMine further enhances Glacier's mining information presence, which represents a significant strategic opportunity. Canada is one of three global hubs in terms of mining financing, technology, education and overall activity. Through the Northern Miner group (The Northern Miner, Mining Markets, Diamonds in Canada, Canadian and American Mines Handbook), Glacier already has a strong brand and product offering in the mining information space. InfoMine substantially enhances Glacier's presence in the sector in terms of expertise, product offering, digital footprint, and global reach.
Mining information is also an important component of a broader natural resources information offering for Glacier.