SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/27/12 -- Fingerprint Digital Inc. today announced the addition of six apps from French edutainment digital publisher Happy Blue Fish Studio to its existing network of learning and play apps for kids and their grown ups.
The apps are all part of The Deskplorers "Jump in a Book" series which combines interactive storytelling with mini games to create an engaging educational play experience. The stories follow four original characters -- Tom, Lea, Spoon and Scrabot -- on adventures, discovering history, geography, science, language and other topics. Kids begin by reading a story and then, when the Deskplorers need their help, they play games to earn points so that they can unlock the key item required to complete the chapter.
The Deskplorers apps include:
- The Deskplorers Beginning: (ages 6-9) This "try-it" chapter introduces the original characters as they embark on new adventures, challenging kids to read, play, think, discover foreign languages and learn.
"History Book" season:
- The Deskplorers Knights: (ages 6-9) The full cast travels back to the Middle Ages, the time of Knights, where the king is organizing the annual tournament.
- The Deskplorers Pirates: (ages 6-9) The Deskplorers' travels through history continue as they board a pirate ship in the Caribbean.
- The Deskplorers Egyptians: (ages 6-9) The story unfolds amidst the pyramids where there is a mystery to be solved.
- The Deskplorers Cavemen: (ages 6-9) The Deskplorers journey to Prehistoric Times to discover our human origins.
- The Deskplorers Jump in Time: (ages 6-9) Time does not stand still as the Deskplorers are transported through multiple points in history.
In addition to gaining exposure to Fingerprint's existing users, Happy Blue Fish will be able to take advantage of Fingerprint's Mom-Comm features, which allow parents to send voice messages and notes of encouragement, and receive gameplay reports and recommendations for other games.
"We were searching for a partner in the U.S.