PARSIPPANY, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 05/21/12 -- Wyndham Hotel Group, the world's largest hotel company with over 7,150 hotels and part of Wyndham Worldwide Corporation (NYSE: WYN), today announced an agreement with Hospitality Properties Trust (HPT) (NYSE: HPT) to brand 20 hotels with the Wyndham Hotels and Resorts® and Hawthorn Suites® by Wyndham brand names.
As part of the agreement, four of the hotels will become Wyndham Hotels and Resorts properties and 16 will become Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham hotels. All 20 properties will be managed by the Wyndham Hotel Group management company under a 25-year management contract. Wyndham Hotel Group will have two consecutive 15-year renewal options, which may be exercised for all of the hotels.
"We are proud to align with HPT, a prominent ownership group which clearly believes in and supports our brand growth strategy," said Eric Danziger, Wyndham Hotel Group president and CEO. "We look forward to a rewarding alliance and to furthering our association with HPT."
John Murray, HPT president, echoed Danziger's commitment to the relationship.
He said, "HPT is delighted to add Wyndham Hotel Group as a hotel management partner and we believe that the refurbishment and rebranding of these 20 hotels and their management by Wyndham Hotel Group will result in improved operating results at the hotels. Also, HPT expects it may in the future add to its ownership of Wyndham branded hotels."
The 20 rebranded hotels will become:
- Wyndham Irvine John Wayne Airport, Irvine, Calif.
- Wyndham Atlanta Perimeter, Atlanta, Ga.
- Wyndham Dallas Park Central, Dallas, Texas
- Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor, Houston, Texas
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center, Centennial, Colo.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford-Meriden, Meriden, Conn.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs, Altamonte Springs, Fla.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago-Hoffman Estates, Hoffman Estates, Ill.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville, Louisville, Ill.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago-Schaumburg, Schaumburg, Ill.