MIAMI, Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Hero Broadcasting LLC, owner & operator of local Phoenix television station KMOH 6/KEJR 40, announced today that it will officially launch as the local MundoFOX affiliate on August 13th. MundoFOX is the new Spanish-language network from Fox International Channels and the RCN Television Group (RCN).
"MundoFOX's original programming will challenge Univision and Telemundo because it provides a quality alternative to the cookie-cutter entertainment landscape that has become a fixture in Spanish-language television," said Robert Behar, a pioneer of U.S. Spanish-language television and President and CEO of Hero Broadcasting LLC.
"MundoFOX will reach 80% of the U.S. Hispanic market and Phoenix viewers will get to experience MundoFOX in high-definition through our free over-the-air signal and on DIRECTV and DISH Network," he added.
Starting on August 13th, MundoFOX will be available to viewers via the free, over-the-air signal of full-power television station KMOH 6.1-Kingman and KEJR 40.1-Phoenix. Viewers will also be able to tune-in on satellite: DIRECTV, Channel 6 and Dish Network, Channel 6.
MundoFOX's innovative "teleseries," a format mastered by their programming partner RCN of Colombia, will be at the core of their programming. Original programming includes:
- "El Joe, La Leyenda" (The life of singer & entertainer Joe Arroyo)
- "Betty La Fea Express" at 6:30pm
- "Minuto Para Ganar" (Minute to Win It) at 7pm
- "Los Exitosos Perez" at 8pm
- The second season of the acclaimed 'teleseries' "El Capo II" at 9pm
- MundoFOX national newscast at 10pm
- Closing Prime Time will be a weekly strip including the likes of "KADABRA," "Lynch," "Bones" (in Spanish), "Mentes En Shock" & "Tiempo Final"
- Weekend lineup will include: "MundoFOX Educational" for kids, family & action box office hit movies, sports (including Soccer and UFC LIVE) and much more.
About Hero Broadcasting
The minority-owned broadcast group, Hero Broadcasting, is led by industry-veteran Bob Behar. The company owns 3 television stations including full-power station KMOH-DT 6 and KEJR-LD 40 – the MundoFOX affiliates in the Phoenix DMA.
MundoFox is an over-the-air Spanish language television network. The network is a joint venture between News Corporation's Fox International Channels and Colombian broadcaster RCN Television and will formally launch on August 13, 2012.
SOURCE Hero Broadcasting LLC