BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cresud S.A.C.I.F. y A. (Nasdaq: CRESY, BASE: CRES), today announces results for the First Quarter 2013 ended September 30, 2012.
- As from fiscal year 2013, the company adopts accounting policies based on the International Financial Reporting Standards ("IFRS") to prepare its financial statements. Until now, the company's financial statements were prepared in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles of Argentina ("ARG GAAP") which differ in certain respects from the IFRS. For such reason, we have changed certain valuation and disclosure accounting policies.
- Operating Income totaled ARS 180.7 million, 9% lower than during the first quarter of fiscal year 2012, due to an ARS 20.6 million Operating Loss from the Agricultural segment offset by a 16% increase in Operating Income from the Urban Segment, which reached ARS 201.3 million.
- A Net Loss of ARS 16.5 million was recorded in the quarter compared to a loss of ARS 95.1 million recorded during the same period of the previous fiscal year. This is due to higher net financial results offset by a higher loss from foreign exchange differences, financial interest and minority interest.
- We have started the crop season and we expect to plant crops in approximately 207,000 hectares. In turn, good weather conditions are in sight in the region and accordingly, better yields than in the previous season are expected.
- Crop production (mainly corresponding to areas planted during the 2011/2012 season) decreased by 19.1% compared to the same period of the previous fiscal year due to lower yields caused by the drought that affected the region during the previous season.
- The beef cattle segment recorded a drop in Gross Income, which went down from a Profit of ARS 6.7 million during the first quarter of fiscal year 2012 to a loss of ARS 1.9 million in the first quarter of 2013 mainly due to lower sales. The segment totaled a loss of ARS 10.6 million compared to an ARS 8.6 million loss in the previous fiscal year.
- As regards milk production, we continue to note high production levels (in excess of 20 liters per cow per day) thanks to the consolidation of production in our "El Tigre" dairy facility. During this period, we produced 4.4 million liters with an average of 2,248 milking cows per day reaching a production of 21.4 liters. Income for this segment reached ARS 0.4 million.
- We have increased our interest in IRSA reaching a shareholding of 64.50% of its stock capital. During this year, IRSA increased its EBITDA by 14.1%, generating very good results for our company.
- During this quarter, we launched the Fifth Issue of our Series X Tranche 2 Notes. The issue amount was USD 30.0 million at the applicable exchange rate and conditions are similar to those applied to the first tranche of such Series.
- Our general shareholders' meeting resolved to pay ARS 120 million as cash dividends (equivalent to ARS 0.2417 per share and ARS 2.417 per ADR).
(In thousands of Argentine Pesos)
Period FY 2012
Ended June 30, 2012
Agribusiness Gross Profit
Real Estate Revenues
Real Estate Gross Profit
Net Income (loss)
Non Current Assets
Non Current Liabilities
Cresud is a leading South American agricultural company with a growing presence in Latin American countries. Cresud is currently involved in a range of activities including crop production, cattle raising and milk production. Cresud's business model, which is being rolled out regionally in Latin America, taking into account the specific conditions of each country, focuses on the acquisition, development and exploitation of properties having attractive prospects for agricultural production and/or value appreciation and the selective disposition of such properties where appreciation has been realized.
Additionally, Cresud owns a 64,50% stake in IRSA Inversiones y Representaciones S.A., Argentina's largest, most well-diversified real estate company. Through its subsidiaries, IRSA manages an expanding top portfolio of shopping centers and office buildings, primarily in Buenos Aires. The company also develops residential subdivisions and apartments (specializing in high-rises and loft-style conversions) and owns three luxury hotels.
A longer version of this press release with detailed information is available on the web site: http://www.cresud.com.ar.
Cresud cordially invites you to participate in its First Quarter 2013 Results Conference Call on Friday, November 23, 2012, at 09:00 Eastern Time
If you would like to participate, please call:
United States: (888) 841-3494
International: +1-(706) 758-3350
To access the webcast, click on the link below:
SOURCE Cresud S.A.C.I.F. y A.