AUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cyber Monday is the best day of the year to find huge savings online and Offers.com, a leading deal and coupon site, is announcing its top five Cyber Monday savings tips. By following these helpful shopping tips, consumers can successfully navigate the biggest online shopping day of the year and save money by using online deals and coupon codes.
"I believe Cyber Monday is going to be the biggest online shopping day of all time," said Steve Schaffer, CEO of Offers.com. "Instead of heading to the stores during Black Friday weekend, we think consumers will take advantage of Cyber Monday deals this year. It's so easy to find the same or better deals online from the comfort of home or while at work."
Top Five Cyber Monday Savings Tips from Offers.com are:
1. Start planning now – A telephone survey conducted among 1,001 U.S. adults by Ipsos Public Affairs and commissioned by Offers.com found that 33% of shoppers spend more than an hour researching prices for each of their holiday purchases. While we think consumers should definitely research which online stores are offering the best deals, they don't have to spend a lot of time on it. Offers.com does the research for consumers and is constantly updating the Cyber Monday Deals 2012 page with the best online deals, saving consumers time and money.
2. Make a list – Once shoppers complete their research, they should make a list of exactly what they want to purchase on Cyber Monday and stick to it. Whether buying Cyber Monday deals for themselves or gifts for others, shoppers are less likely to impulse shop if they make a list beforehand. Impulse purchases are guaranteed to squander the money you just saved.
3. Look for coupons and coupon codes – The Ipsos survey also found that only 21 % of shoppers are "very likely" to look for online coupons or coupon codes before making a gift purchase. Online coupons can offer extra discounts on top of the already low Cyber Monday prices. In 2011, consumers who visited Offers.com on Cyber Monday saved an average of $26.60. With the thousands of new coupons and coupon codes available for this year's Cyber Monday, shoppers can save even more. The Offers.com Cyber Monday 2012 Savings Center provides consumers with easy-to-find deals, online coupons, coupon codes, and other money-saving offers from thousands of online stores.
4. Use free shipping offers – Consumers should only shop online at retailers offering free shipping on Cyber Monday. Free Shipping can save consumers an average of $10 per purchase and Offers.com is taking the hassle out of finding those offers with the best Free Shipping Coupons from thousands of the most popular online stores. Big name stores such as Sears, Kmart and Best Buy will feature free shipping offers on Cyber Monday.
5. Shop safely – Consumers should make sure their purchases are secure by only shopping at legitimate websites of familiar retailers. Shoppers should use a credit card when making a purchase so if an item doesn't arrive they can dispute the purchase on their credit card bill. Lastly, always carefully review bank and credit card statements in the days following Cyber Monday and check for fraudulent charges or other transactions you don't recognize.
About Offers.com Cyber Monday Savings Center
The Offers.com Cyber Monday Savings Center is a leading online shopping resource that is updated daily with the best Cyber Monday deals, sales and coupon codes. Offers.com's Cyber Monday Savings Experts hand-pick and verify each offer, ensuring their quality. Consumers can find Cyber Monday deals by product category including toys, laptops and HDTVs; and can also search by gifts for women, men or kids. In addition, the savings center also features the latest Cyber Monday news, tips and resources, and top Cyber Monday stores. For all the latest Cyber Monday deals, online coupons, news, tips and resources visit: http://www.offers.com/cyber-monday/
Offers.com saves consumers time and money by helping them find the best coupons, deals, and offers from more than 5,500 online stores and brands. Offers.com has over 200 categories including travel, software, clothing and shoes, and more. The site has about 50,000 of the best offers, including promotions, coupons and coupon codes, deals, free trials, and free offers. Offers are verified, rated, and updated daily by the Offers.com editorial team. The company, based in Austin Texas, has been profitable since its inception and received a minority equity investment from Susquehanna Growth Equity, LLLP.