NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 01/09/13 -- PrivCo, the leading private company financial data provider (www.PrivCo.com), has just released its Top 10 Predictions for 2013.
PrivCo's Top 10 Private Company Predictions for 2013 Are:
1. TWITTER Will File For An IPO In 4th Quarter, IPO in Q1 2014 at $15B Valuation
2. HOSTESS Will Be Broken Up in Two, Its Breads Business Acquired By GRUPO BIMBO
3. Tory Burch LLC Will File IPO At $4B Valuation, Use Funds To Expand To Asia
4. The Incubator Wave Will End: One-Third Of All Incubators Will Shutdown In 2013
5. The Top Underwriter Of U.S. IPOs In 2013 Will Be CREDIT SUISSE
6. FOURSQUARE Will Fail By End Of 2013, Get Acquired For Fraction of Venture Capital Invested
7. The Best Performing IPO In 2013 Will Be TABLEAU SOFTWARE
8. METRO-GOLDWYN-MAYER (MGM) Will Abandon IPO Attempt And Be Acquired By TIME WARNER
9. SQUARE Acquired By VISA, AMERICAN EXPRESS, Or PAYPAL Unit of EBAY For $5B+
10. The NYSE Will Beat Out The NASDAQ For Most US Tech IPOs In 2013
To access detailed explanations of each of PrivCo's Top 10 2013 predictions see: http://www.privco.com/privcos-top-10-2013-predictions-all
PrivCo CEO & Founder Sam Hamadeh stated, "PrivCo expects 2013 to be a fascinating year for the private company and private capital markets space, with predicted new IPOs from Tory Burch and Twitter, the acquisition of mobile payments startup SQUARE for over $5B, the buyout of privately-held film studio MGM by Warner Brothers, and most notably, the likely failure and low-priced sale of high profile mobile social network FOURSQUARE."
Based in New York, PrivCo is the leading provider of private company financial data and business research. PrivCo publishes exclusive financial data on over 164,000 private companies, as well as over 45,000 private company deal details, including private company mergers & acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investments, leveraged buyouts, pre-IPO activity, restructurings, and more.
Topics: Twitter IPO, Tory Burch IPO, Square Inc, Foursquare, Credit Suisse, NYSE, NASDAQ, Metro Goldwyn Mayer, Venture Capital