SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/29/13 -- DistribuTECH 2013 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Leading utilities, such as SCANA, Xcel Energy, Southern Company and Pepco Holdings, have just completed upgrades to their operational support systems to a newer version of Oracle Utilities Network Management System. The continued investments demonstrate Oracle Utilities' commitment to providing Outage Management and Advanced Distribution Management solutions for utilities.
- Oracle Utilities Network Management System links smart grid operations and business processes together, providing storm proven outage management and key distribution management functions that help utilities improve operational excellence and provide critical customer communications.
- "Our upgrade of the Oracle Utilities Network Management System enabled us to reduce the number of computer screens and outside systems that control center personnel must navigate to gather information and monitor current system status, outage notification, and outage detection. Another major benefit is the ability to use the system to 'ping' meters to verify outage orders. As a result of this new capability, the distribution control center in Minnesota was able to avoid sending trucks to approximately 934 invalid outage calls last summer. This translates to saving to the company approximately 1,400 work hours. Over time, this number should increase as operators and dispatchers gain experience with the upgraded system," said David Kulhanek, Business Technology Executive - Transmission & Distribution, Xcel Energy.
- "The Oracle Utilities Network Management System allows us to support our evolving processes for outage restoration. The latest release has system interfaces that bring data from new technologies into the NMS so we can better visualize the outages and also have a more flexible user interface that makes working with the event data that much more flexible. We have relied on Oracle Utilities Network Management System for many years as a critical system to manage our restoration efforts and are confident that the system will continue to advance as our needs expand," said Brian Chabot, Manager, Business Systems, Pepco Holdings.
- "Oracle provides the complete solution suite that helps utilities meet today's pressures. Oracle Utilities Network Management System provides utilities with the security, flexibility and advanced capabilities required to manage the distribution grid of the future. We look forward to continuing to help our utility customers innovate and thrive in 2013 and beyond," said Rodger Smith, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Utilities.
- Oracle Utilities
- Oracle Utilities on Facebook
- Oracle Utilities on Twitter
- Oracle Utilities on LinkedIn
- Oracle Utilities YouTube Channel
- Oracle Utilities on Diigo
About Oracle Utilities
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utilities of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments. Additionally, Oracle Utilities helps utilities prepare for smart metering and smart grid initiatives that enhance efficiency and provide critical intelligence metrics that can help drive more-informed energy and water usage decisions for consumers and businesses. For more information, visit www.oracle.com/goto/utilities.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to utilities, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Candice van der Laan
O'Keeffe & Company