ORLANDO, Fla., March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Seasons 52, the highly acclaimed fresh grill and wine bar restaurant, today launches its latest seasonal menu highlighting the fresh, crisp flavors of spring, including strawberries, spring peas and asparagus. The seasonal offerings, which include appetizers, entrees and a signature Mini Indulgence, will be available through mid-June. The new spring menu also features seasonal cocktails and wines hand-selected by Master Sommelier George Miliotes.
- Spring Peas with Shiitake Mushrooms
- Grilled Asparagus with chunky tomato and caper salsa
- Grilled Arctic Char Togarashi served over sushi-rice cakes with miso sauce, toasted sesame seeds and spring snow peas, available through the end of April
- Garlic Pesto Chicken Flatbread topped with fresh mozzarella cheese, balsamic onions, roasted peppers and arugula
- Ahi Tuna Tartare served with wasabi-avocado mousse, mango chutney and curry spiced crisps
- Tomato and Hass Avocado Salad served over organic arugula and topped with a balsamic glaze
- Strawberry Shortcake Mini Indulgence featuring bright lemon cake topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream
In addition to the flavorful offerings on the spring menu, Seasons 52 introduces two new cocktails featuring Prairie organic vodka house-infused with fresh strawberries:
- Strawberry Basil Fusion: Strawberry-infused Prairie Organic vodka meets its perfect match with fresh basil, finished with a touch of agave nectar for subtle sweetness
- Strawberry-Coconut Skinny Martini: This guilt-free tropical getaway features pineapple coconut water, strawberry-infused Prairie organic vodka and agave nectar
Four new wines have also been added to the "Drink Them Before They're Famous" wine list, which features insider wines that are on the verge of becoming highly rated and widely recognized. Each addition to the list is carefully selected by Master Sommelier George Miliotes.
The featured wines include:
- Arizona Stronghold Tazi White Blend: This crisp, dry white from Arizona's Sulfur Springs Valley is produced by Eric Glomski and Maynard Keenan, lead singer of Tool and A Perfect Circle. Miliotes recommends pairing it with rich sauces or seafood, such as Ahi Tuna Tartare.
- Bayten Sauvignon Blanc: From an established winery in South Africa's Constantia region, this pure Sauvignon Blanc delivers tastes of piercing grapefruit. Perfect with seafood, Miliotes recommends this with dishes like Cedar Plank Salmon.
- Macedon Pinot Noir: The rugged, mountainous terrain and Aegean winds of Macedonia fill this pinot noir with ripe raspberry fruit and black cherry. Miliotes pairs this silky red, created by Slovenian cult winemaker Edi Simcic, with everything from fish to Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon.
- Fisher Unity Pinot Noir: Although the Fisher family is widely known for their Cabernet and Chardonnay, this Pinot Noir from the Anderson Valley is one of Miliotes' favorites. Exclusive to Seasons 52, the raspberry and red cherry notes complement a wide range of food from Wood-Grilled Pork Tenderloin and Cedar Plank Salmon to filet.
"These are four of my favorite new wine discoveries of the year," said Miliotes. "From crisp whites to silky reds full of berry flavor, these wines pair perfectly with the fresh flavors of spring featured on our menu."
To learn more about the wines featured in "Drink Them Before They're Famous," follow @TheWineExpert on Twitter.
Seasons 52 changes its menu four times per year with weekly fresh features that capture the flavors of the season. The seasonal menu offerings, as with all dishes offered at the restaurant, feature cooking techniques such as wood-fire grilling and brick-oven cooking that bring out the natural flavor of dishes, allowing guests both the freedom to indulge and the ability to eat sensibly.
About Seasons 52
Seasons 52 is a fresh grill and wine bar featuring a seasonally inspired menu and an award-winning international wine list designed to excite and surprise the palate. Evoking the fresh appeal of the farmer's market, we strive to feature the freshest ingredients at the peak of ripeness and prepare our dishes through natural cooking techniques like wood-fire grilling and brick-oven cooking. The result is a promise that no menu item is more than 475 calories. From our signature flatbreads and popular Mini Indulgence desserts to our international selection of 100 wines, including more than 60 offered by the glass, guests feel both the freedom to indulge and the ability to celebrate living well. Seasons 52 currently operates 28 restaurants in 14 states across the country. For more information, please visit www.Seasons52.com, like us on Facebook at Facebook.com/Seasons52 or follow @Seasons52 on Twitter.
SOURCE Seasons 52