WORCESTER, Mass., Sept. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG), a leading provider of property and casualty insurance countrywide, today announced that it has created more opportunity for its select group of independent agent and broker partners to write small commercial business, adding business owners' policy (BOP) classes and enhancing its small commercial agent portal.
"Small commercial account managers play critical roles in the success of their agencies," said Michael Keane, president, small commercial at The Hanover. "We recognize their importance and the challenges that they face. With this in mind, we are constantly enhancing our capabilities to make it even easier for them to do business with us."
In keeping with our commitment to offer a broad and distinctive offering to help our agents grow their small commercial accounts, we have added dozens of new BOP classes to our portfolio. Highlights include coverage for associations, art galleries, learning centers and pet services. Other new classes include:
- Animal hospitals
- Art galleries and dealers
- Alumni, business, civic and trade organizations
- Chambers of commerce
- Charitable foundations
- Claims adjusters (independent)
- Clock and watch repair shops
- Coffee and tea distributors
- Court reporters
- Inspection and appraisal companies
- Interpreters and translators
- Test preparation, tutoring and test administration centers
- Mail box and packaging services
- Market research firms
- MRI, x-ray and imaging centers
- Mobile pet groomers
- Stenographic and secretarial services
In addition, the company has enhanced its SmallComm Solutions agent portal to make transacting small commercial business easier and faster. The upgrade reflects The Hanover's commitment to provide the information, tools and technology needed to make it easier for agents to write small commercial business. The enhancements to the company's portal include the addition of:
- Commercial package coverage comparisons, which offer side-by-side views of property endorsements
- State-specific workers' compensation class codes available by class of business
- New supplemental application quick link, which offers easy access to supplemental applications by industry
Agents interested in more detail about the new small commercial classes and portal enhancements should contact their local Hanover regional vice president, who can be found at www.hanover.com.
ABOUT THE HANOVER
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc., based in Worcester, Mass., is one of the top 25 property and casualty insurers in the United States. For more than 160 years, The Hanover has provided a wide range of property and casualty products and services to businesses, individuals, and families. The Hanover distributes its products through a select group of agents and brokers. Through its international member company, Chaucer, The Hanover also underwrites business at Lloyd's of London in several major insurance and reinsurance classes including political risk, marine, aviation and energy. For more information, please visit hanover.com.
SOURCE The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc.