First position I've taken so far this morning and I couldn't help myself. Apple (AAPL) has been getting hammered lately, but I'm finding good reason to get long on it this morning at $637.69.
1. You have a huge sell-off that seems to happen once a quarter. Each time this has resulted in an excellent buying opportunity.
2. You have a piercing of the lower Bollinger-Band. Nine times out of 10, this leads to a near-immediate bounce in the stock's price.
3. Not shown below, but easy to do on your own (would make the chart too messy) is the perfect 50% retracement on the Fibonacci.
4. Perfect test of the trend-line off of the May lows. We touched it this morning and have since bounced.
5. Massive support at $620 that should stop any additional bleeding going forward. I've placed my stop-loss at $613.46.
[Related -Fusion-IO, Inc. (FIO): Can Fusion-IO Q2 Results Cheer Street?]
Here's the AAPL chart.
Robert Shiller on the New York Times argues that the stock market is expensive by historical standards read on...
Treasury yields held on to their modest rebound this week through Thursday’s close, ahead of the Federal read on...
We’re optimistic about the US and global economies’ prospects, but not for the reasons hogging headlines read on...